[Air-L] Fwd: 2019 DMRC Summer School 11-15 February - Applications Now Open

Jean Burgess je.burgess at qut.edu.au
Tue Aug 28 19:00:29 PDT 2018

-------- Original message --------
From: Jean Burgess <je.burgess at qut.edu.au>
Date: 29/8/18 11:41 am (GMT+10:00)
To: "'dmrc-community at qut.edu.au'" <dmrc-community at qut.edu.au>
Subject: 2019 DMRC Summer School 11-15 February - Applications Now Open

Dear colleagues,
Please spread this news far and wide and encourage your advisees or peers to apply!
Many on this list have already had some involvement in past summer schools and we can't wait to add another group of participants to the DMRC's extended family.
------
2019 DMRC Summer School 11-15 February, Brisbane, Australia – Applications now open
#dmrcss19

  *   Applications open: 29 August 2018
  *   Applications close: 30 September 2018
Building on the success of the 2017<https://research.qut.edu.au/dmrc/2017/03/13/dmrc-summer-school-2017-wrap-up/> and 2018<https://research.qut.edu.au/dmrc/2018-dmrc-summer-school/> DMRC Summer Schools, we are looking forward to welcoming another cohort of participants from all over the world to Brisbane next February. This diverse group of PhD students and early career researchers will come together to share their knowledge and to develop new skills and critical methods for studying for our rapidly changing digital media environments and increasingly datafied societies.
In addition to the week-long program of hands-on digital methods workshops, participants will be able to get feedback and mentoring on their own projects, to work on new collaborations, and to learn how to engage with industry, government and community stakeholders.
The fee for the week-long program is $1500 (Australian dollars). The fee covers daytime catering, staff support and social events. In order to maximise the diversity of the cohort, we will be offering up to two fee waiver scholarships to successful applicants who score highly in the selection process, with preference given to applicants from non-OECD countries.
For more information and how to apply, see https://research.qut.edu.au/dmrc/2019-dmrc-summer-school/
Contact: dmrc at qut.edu.au<mailto:dmrc at qut.edu.au>
Jean