[Air-L] 6+ tenure-track digital positions at the University of Michigan

Christian Sandvig csandvig at umich.edu
Wed Dec 5 11:49:30 PST 2018

Dear list-mates,

I wanted to send a reminder to come work with us in one of our THREE new
multidisciplinary tenured and tenure-track faculty positions in Digital
Studies at the University of Michigan:
https://lsa.umich.edu/digitalstudies/news-events/all-news/search-news/digital-studies-is-hiring.html

Some excerpts from the position announcements for each:

(1) tenure-track assistant prof in Archival Studies and Digital Studies
focused on archives and power, social change, identity, and representation

(2) tenure-track assistant prof in Black Digital Studies focusing e.g., on
black digital humanities, cultural studies, video game studies,
Afrofuturism, and black social media

(3) open rank tenured or tenure-track prof of Race and Digital Media
focusing on new technologies and their role in historical or contemporary
problems of inequality, inequity, and discrimination

AND we still have other searches open:

(4) tenure-track assistant professor in Social Media
https://www.si.umich.edu/node/15576

(5) open-rank search in Data Science https://www.si.umich.edu/node/15567

(6) open-rank search in Digital Curation, Archival Studies, Scientific Data
Use and Reuse https://www.si.umich.edu/node/15575

Some of these have the potential to make multiple hires, as indicated.  I
am somewhat late posting this, hopefully people have already seen this
elsewhere as one position (listed as #2 below) closes this week.  Questions
should be directed as indicated on the positions; I am just the aggregator.

Sincerely,
Christian

--
Christian Sandvig
H. Marshall McLuhan Collegiate Professor