[Air-L] Vacancy for an Associate Professor/Professor in Media & Communication Studies at the University of Nottingham's China campus

Andrew White andrew.white1970 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 17:58:40 PST 2018

The University of Nottingham's China campus has the following vacancy in
the School of International Communications

*Associate Professor/Professor in Media & Communication Studies*

Closing date: 20 February 2019

https://hrms.nottingham.edu.cn/psp/PRDHCM/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=180491&PostingSeq=1

Please note that the successful candidate will be expected to take on the
role of Head of School for a fixed period of time amounting to no more than
3 years.

Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Andrew White, the
current Head of the School of International Communications, email:
andrew.white at nottingham.edu.cn

> The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), a pioneer in
> Sino-foreign tertiary education, is rapidly expanding. It is looking for
> ambitious, talented academics with a passion for teaching as well as
> research flair to join its team. UNNC is part of the University of
> Nottingham’s Global University, and offers unique teaching and research
> opportunities in a highly dynamic economy.
>
> UNNC is currently ranked in the world top 300 for the discipline of
> Communication as measured by the Shanghai ARWU:
> http://www.shanghairanking.com/Shanghairanking-Subject-Rankings/communication.html
>

> The recruitment of a high profile media and communication scholar to take
> a leadership role within the School of International Communications will
> contribute to the maintenance and/or improvement of The University of
> Nottingham Ningbo China’s ranking.
>
> Our BA (Hons) in International Communications is a provincial level
> accredited degree which includes a dedicated programme of study for a
> European or East Asian language. Its sister programme, BA (Hons) in
> International Communications with Chinese, has proved successful in
> attracting high quality international students to our school.
>
> We currently run an MA programme in International Communications and also
> have one of the most successful PhD programmes in the university. We have
> been graduating students for more than ten years and our alumni have
> continued their education in some of the world’s leading universities,
> including Oxford and Cambridge, as well as working for companies like the
> Bank of China, L’Oreal, Ogilvy & Mather and the British Chamber of Commerce
> in Shanghai.
>
> The post-holder will be expected to teach across the full range of our
> programmes, and conduct research, knowledge exchange and the securing of
> external funding in the school’s main research areas. More details of the
> school and its teaching and research activities can be found here:
>
> https://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/internationalcommunications/index.aspx
>

> Salary will be within the range of £51,630 – £61,618 for the Associate
> Professor post and £61,618 – £84,527 for the Professorship. In addition, an
> attractive package including accommodation allowance, travel allowance and
> medical insurance will be provided for international appointments.
>
> The post will initially be offered on a fixed term contract with the
> University of Nottingham Ningbo China for a period of 5 years starting June
> 2019 or as soon as thereafter. This contract may be extended on an
> indefinite basis by mutual agreement.
>
> Please indicate clearly on your application whether you wish to be
> considered for the Associate Professor post or the Professorship.
>
> Informal enquires may be addressed to Professor Andrew White, Head of
> School of International Communications, email:
> andrew.white at nottingham.edu.cn.  Please note that applications sent
> directly to this address will not be accepted.

Applications must be submitted on-line: