[Air-L] digital infrastructure that supports language diversity

William J. Moner wjmoner at utexas.edu
Thu Dec 20 06:59:51 PST 2018

Hi Isabelle,
This chapter by Daniel Cunliffe
<https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1057/978-1-137-54066-9_18> summarizes
the past few years of thought regarding digital language preservation and
social infrastructures supporting the use and potential revitalization of
many languages. My colleague Derek Lackaff and I are in the bibliography
for our paper, Local languages, global networks: Mobile design for minority
language users
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Derek_Lackaff/publication/308397435_Local_languages_global_networks_Mobile_design_for_minority_language_users/links/5a0091d3a6fdcc82a310efd8/Local-languages-global-networks-Mobile-design-for-minority-language-users.pdf>
wherein
we discuss items including mobile keyboards, internationalization, and apps
for practice of minority languages online.
Regards,
William

William J. Moner, Ph.D.
wjmoner at utexas.edu