[Air-L] Panel proposal at ECREA2018 about social/digital media research ethics

Locatelli Elisabetta elisabetta.locatelli at unicatt.it
Wed Feb 28 01:44:09 PST 2018

Dear all,

apologies for cross-posting.

I'd like to submit to the ECREA 2018 conference a panel proposal about social media/digital media research ethics. Next October the ECREA 2018 conference will be held in Lugano (Switzerland) and theme of the conference will be "Centres and Peripheries: Communication, Research, Translation". Unfortunately the conference date will be near to the AoIR Conference in Montreal, so I don't know how many of you should be interested or able to come also at ECREA Conference.
The deadline of the call for paper has been extended to March 2.
Following the conference theme I think that the panel should develop the relationship between centres and peripheries about the ethics of social/digital media research, like new approaches to ethics, research about new topics where an ethical reflection is still developing (i.e. AI, Internet of Things, research involving children...) or confronting the approaches to research ethics in different Countries.
Here you can find more information about the conference
http://www.ecrea2018lugano.eu/call-for-papers/

If you are interested please feel free to contact me off-list. I've already have some abstracts and I'll be glad to manage the panel submission.

All the best

Elisabetta Locatelli
Adjunct professor
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore