[Air-L] For those attending ISA World Congress of Sociology

MC Cambre mcambre at ualberta.ca
Fri Jul 13 08:24:09 PDT 2018

Dear David and others who will be at the ISA,

There is certainly, as you observed a great deal of cross-fertilization
between different sociological research areas and the focus on the
internet. The internal process, I believe is that you start out as a
thematic group, and after time you become a working group, and then meeting
certain requirements for numbers (I guess) you apply to become a research
committee.

The conference will host over 5000 delegates and the abstract book alone is
over 1000 pages, so I tend to stay within Visual Sociology, which often
includes a great deal of internet research. Feel free to reach out and
connect in Toronto.

Kindly,
carolina cambre