[Air-L] Including screennames with tweets

f hodgkins frances.hodgkins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:43:32 PDT 2018

An intriguing conversation, and one I have recently tackled in my own work
with social media and crisis communication.
I believe that it is the obligation of the researcher to protect the
privacy of the social media participants- even if the SM participant chose
to universally post their content as public. My view is they are doing so
at the moment -- and while the *content* may linger -- the *intention* may
not.
In my work with crisis Tweets-- I created a synthesis of the content - by
exploring major topics and themes, through QCA.

I agree with @Nick Proferes and I appreciate his link to the paper.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/2056305118763366
For other considerations please see the Council for Big Data, Ethics, and
Society   https://bdes.datasociety.net/

Good Luck --