[Air-L] social media research tools?

Yu Schuen yu.shih.hsuan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 06:20:13 PDT 2018

Hello Mel,

- Just a quick feedback. If quantitative for network analysis, take a look
at *netvizz* (you can find the service through FB search engine; it
produces network data with the group or the page id given.) You can use*
Gephi *to demonstrate and visualize the page network data exported by
netvizz. As far as I am concerned, this combination is relatively common
for initial attempt.

- Though not so relevant to tweets and facebook, recently I found a tool
for LinkedIn network, socilab.com. LinkedIn member can look into their own,
basic network metrics. In case this might be interested

- for textual-visual annotation tool (memes, for example), I used to check
the trial version of MAXQDA to go through threads of conversations in a
huge facebook group.

Shih-Hsuan Yu