[Air-L] social media research tools?

Cristian Camilo Jiménez Camilo.Jimenez at live.com
Fri Jun 1 13:37:45 PDT 2018

Hi Mel,

I hope you find well,

I am Cristian Ruiz and currently am involved in a project called SMART (It means Social Media Research Techniques),
part of iNova Media Lab, NOVA/FCSH. A Lisbon based initiative of digital media research and development.

As a quick advice to your goals I suggest to check the DMI (Digital Methods Initiative) Tools. For Facebook strongly recommended
Netvizz and Twitter would be great if you could get access to T-Cat. Another great option for your students would be Netlytic, useful in many ways. An important thing to keep in mind when research with Digital Methods is to identify clearly the object desired to analyse, since social media have been shown that can contribute elements to different areas of sciences since geography to health sciences. It would define which is the best tool to use.

I would like to share you finally a presentation I did for a data sprint project that we have been coordinating in SMART every year, since 2017: https://www.slideshare.net/CristianCamiloJimnez3/data-extraction-tools<https://www.slideshare.net/CristianCamiloJimnez3/data-extraction-tools>

<https://www.slideshare.net/CristianCamiloJimnez3/data-extraction-tool>Try to follow Janna Jocelli's Slideshares and Bernhard Rieders ones, they are indeed best references in this field.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any other reference or suggestion, I would be glad to help and also glad to know a bit more on the composition of your class.

Best regards,

--
Cristian Jiménez Ruiz
@CristianCJRuiz