[Air-L] Register now - The Place I Call Research Conference

Jaime García Iglesias garciaiglesiasjaime at gmail.com
Mon May 7 02:13:28 PDT 2018

REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!
The Place I Call Research: Localising Sociological Inquiery
15 June 2018 - The University of Manchester

Registration is now open for the conference "The Place I Call Research" at
The University of Manchester. It will feature 18 high-quality international
papers discussing the role of place and space. The panels will talk about
Media and creative industries, belonging, disability and accessibility,
gender and digital spaces: some of the topics will be accessibility in
university buildings, eye-tracking technology, hyperlocal media, literature
and place, etc. You can see our full programme here:
placemcr2018.wordpress.com/general-program/

The conference will also feature two public events: a roundtable about
Sexual Health Outreach and Community Engagement (with the collaboration of
the LGBT Foundation, George House Trust and BHA for Equality) and a
screening of Dr Patrick Baxter's ethnographic documentary of marginalised
places and vacant spaces in post-Celtic Tiger Ireland. You can sign-up
independently for those here:
https://placemcr2018.wordpress.com/general-program/public-events/

Conference registration is FREE, and include access to all events, coffee,
snacks, lunch, and an evening wine reception.

Follow us on twitter @placemcr2018 and come along!
--
*Jaime Garcia-Iglesias*
The University of Manchester