[Air-L] 2018 Review Process

Sophie Helen Bishop sophiehelenbishop at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:45:49 PDT 2018

Dear Professor Zimmer and Dr Gloviczki & AoIR

With respect, the original email was with regards to offensive, personal
and highly inappropriate reviews that I know that some colleagues have
received. Kate was asking us to send through these 'inappropriate' and
'uncollegial' emails to ensure they are flagged, and can be dealt with. I
would hate that people do not see the original intention of the message,
although I know that the AoIR team are always happy to hear feedback for
their review process ;)

Best wishes!

Sophie

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 6:08 PM, Peter Gloviczki <pgloviczki at coker.edu>
wrote:

> Hi, Kate and all,
>
> I agree with Dr. Zimmer, and would add that it may be useful to change the
> wording of "Presentation" to "Form & Style" or something similar.
>
> I hope this information is helpful.
>
> Peter
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:22 PM, Michael T Zimmer <zimmerm at uwm.edu> wrote:
>
> > Could we consider dropping the 20% weight for “Presentation”? I don’t
> > think one’s proficiency with English and MS Word is equally as important
> as
> > “Significance”.
> >

> > --
> > Michael Zimmer, PhD
> > Associate Professor, School of Information Studies
> > Director, Center for Information Policy Research
> > University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
> >
> > e: zimmerm at uwm.edu
> > t: @michaelzimmer
> > w: www.michaelzimmer.org
> >

> > > On May 3, 2018, at 11:52 AM, Kate Miltner <kmiltner at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I’m Kate, the AoIR Exec Grad Rep. This year, the AoIR Exec and
> conference
> > > committee implemented some changes to the review process based on
> > feedback
> > > from last year. The conference committee spent a lot of time and energy
> > > moderating the results of the reviewing process and weeding out
> > > inappropriate reviews, but it has come to our attention that some still
> > > slipped through.
> > >
> > > In order to make further improvements in time for AoIR 2019, if you’ve
> > had
> > > a review that was clearly inappropriate or uncollegial, please send
> that
> > > review to me at miltner at usc dot edu.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Kate
> > >
> > > Join the Association of Internet Researchers:
> > > http://www.aoir.org/

> > http://www.aoir.org/
> >

> --
>

> *Peter Joseph Gloviczki, Ph.D.*
> *Assistant Professor of Communication and Coordinator of the Communication
> Program*
>

> *p* 843-383-8379  |  *e* pgloviczki at coker.edu
> 300 E. College Ave. |  Hartsville, SC
> coker.edu  |  cokercobras.com

Sophie Bishop
PhD Candidate, Arts and Digital Industries, University of East London
www.sophiebishop.co.uk | @sophiehbishop