[Air-L] Examples visualisation results of qualitative (thematic) analysis of special interest blogs (or other social media channels)

Nili Steinfeld nilisteinfeld at gmail.com
Thu May 24 00:05:22 PDT 2018

Hi Deike.

My paper, "The F-campaign: a discourse network analysis of party leaders’
campaign statements on Facebook" may be relevant to your question.
It is published here:
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13537121.2016.1174385

Below is the abstract, hope this helps...

Nili

In the 2015 Israeli national elections, social media and especially
Facebook were used as primary campaign platforms, where politicians of all
parties and orientations expressed their agendas, made policy statements
and communicated with potential voters. The present article employs a new
methodology, discourse network analysis, to explore the relationships
between party leaders and discourse themes, based on leaders’ pre-election
statements on Facebook. The findings highlight prominent themes and the
relationships formed between leaders and themes, and between leaders and
each other. The network formed by party leaders’ shared agendas and themes
resembles the parties’ positioning in the parliament after the election,
strengthening the assumption that Facebook has been used strategically as a
campaign tool by the leaders of parties running for parliament.