[Air-L] Examples visualisation results of qualitative (thematic) analysis of special interest blogs (or other social media channels)

Thomas Ball xtc283 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 04:34:43 PDT 2018

Deike-
   This suggestion isn't rooted in social media but the visualizations used
are highly relevant to your query. It's a PNAS publication from 2015 by
Rule, et al., titled *Lexical shifts, substantive changes, and continuity
in State of the Union discourse, 1790–2014*. The focus is on State of the
Union addresses by US presidents from the first given by George Washington
through Barack Obama. Employing a Blei and Heckerman dynamic topic model to
track broad qualitative themes over time, the graphics are among the best
I'm aware of in the text mining literature.
Thomas Ball

http://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/112/35/10837.full.pdf