[Air-L] Two PhD Studentships: Online Civic Culture Centre (O3C) at Loughborough University

Andrew Chadwick A.Chadwick at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 02:56:09 PST 2018

Colleagues,

We have two funded PhD studentships here at Loughborough. This is the second wave of studentships, as part of a new interdisciplinary centre we’ve set up, the Online Civic Culture Centre (O3C). If you have talented students who are seeking funding for their doctoral research I’d be grateful if you would alert them to this message. Also, do of course feel free to distribute it more widely.

1. What Role Do Social Media Influencers Play in Spreading Misinformation and Disinformation?

Link: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BOC323/phd-studentship-what-role-do-social-media-influencers-play-in-spreading-misinformation-and-disinformation

2. Understanding the Spread of Online Misinformation That Rejects Scientific Consensus: Audiences, Platforms, and Algorithms.

Link: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BOC283/phd-studentship-understanding-the-spread-of-online-misinformation-that-rejects-scientific-consensus-audiences-platforms-and-algorithms

Applicants should direct informal enquiries to the primary supervisor for the specific project they are considering.

You can read more about O3C and its first three PhD researchers here:

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/research/online-civic-culture-centre

Deadline: January 11, 2019.

Many thanks,

Andy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Professor Andrew Chadwick,
Professor of Political Communication,
Director, Online Civic Culture Centre (O3C),
Centre for Research in Communication and Culture,
School of Social Sciences,
Loughborough University,
Loughborough,
Leicestershire,