[Air-L] Africa Oxford Internet Research Fellowship Opportunity

Eleanor Marchant eleanor.marchant at csls.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 26 07:57:26 PST 2018

Hi Everyone,

I'm circulating details of a great fully-funded fellowship opportunity for African scholars to write and collaborate with peers at Oxford University for a period of 4-8 weeks. The fellowship dates are usually sometime around July - September, but are flexible. It's a great opportunity for African faculty members who need time away from teaching and other duties to get some writing done. The program is currently accepting applicants for the 2019 fellowship cohort.

Details for the fellowship are here:

Most relevant to this listserv, my colleagues and I at the Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy at Oxford University would love to find someone for this fellowship who might be interested in collaborating with us on an ongoing research project we are running on internet and conflict in Africa (http://pcmlp.socleg.ox.ac.uk/conflictnet/) . That includes the political economy of "connecting the unconnected" in remote regions in Africa, the role of the internet in the lives of conflict affected migrants, and the relationship between social media, misinformation and conflict in the African context. There is great scope for the fellow to help shape the project as it evolves.

My best,

Eleanor

ELEANOR R MARCHANT PHD

ConflictNET<https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/research-and-subject-groups/politics-and-practice-social-media-conflict-conflictnet> Postdoctoral Fellow

Programme in Comparative Media Law & Policy

Centre for Socio-Legal Studies

University of Oxford

Tw: @ermarchant<https://twitter.com/ermarchant>