[Air-L] Introductory readings on AI

Ayushi Tandon ayushitandon at iima.ac.in
Mon Nov 19 10:52:54 PST 2018

Hi Luis,

Some suggestions are-

   - Reading and assignment to students based on the chapters in this book
   could be worth considering- https://bookbook.pubpub.org/data-feminism
   - Another consortium of resource is
   https://digitaldatasociety.wordpress.com/resources/
   - Collection of readings on algorithms and social concerns
   https://socialmediacollective.org/reading-lists/critical-algorithm-studies/

Hope this helps
Best

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 12:14 AM Luis Hestres <Luis.Hestres at utsa.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to include a unit or two about AI in the next iteration of my
> intro to digital communication course (a 200-level course). Can you
> recommend some accessible introductory readings about AI? Preferably I
> could get a couple that discuss the pros and cons of AI and also discuss
> how AI is already being applied vs. what’s coming down the pipeline.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luis
>
> - - - - -
> Dr. Luis E. Hestres
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Communication
> The University of Texas at San Antonio
> One UTSA Circle
> San Antonio, TX 78249-0732
> http://www.luishestres.com<http://www.luishestres.com/>
>
> Want to support our tax deductible nonprofit work by contributing to the
> UTSA department of communication?
> Please visit: https://giving.utsa.edu/FriendsofCommunication
> Thanks for your support!

Ayushi Tandon