[Air-L] Facebook Grieving and bereavement

Amanda Lagerkvist amanda.lagerkvist at ims.su.se
Wed Oct 24 23:37:31 PDT 2018

Within our research program  “Existential Terrains: Memory and Meaning in Cultures of Connectivity” (http://et.ims.su.se) we have studied Facebook and other digital resources in bereavement. See for example:
Lagerkvist, A. & Y. Andersson (2017) “The Grand Interruption: Death Online and Mediated Lifelines of Shared Vulnerability”, Feminist Media Studies Online First, June 13, Volume 17, Issue 4, 2017, pp. 550-564.
Westerlund, M. (2018) “Online Mourning: Swedish Suicide Bereaved Usage of Digital Resources in their Grief Work”, in OMEGA – Journal of Death and Dying. Open Access. First Published March 26, 2018.
Lagerkvist, A. (2018) “The Internet is Always Awake: Sensations, Sounds and Silences of the Digital Grave” in Digital Existence: Ontology, Ethics and Transcendence in Digital Culture, A. Lagerkvist (Ed.), London: Routledge.

Lagerkvist, A. (2018) “Numerical Being and Non-being: Probing the Ethos of Quantification in Bereavement Online”, in Z. Papacharissi (Ed.) A Networked Self and Birth, Life, Death, New York: Routledge.
Best wishes,
Amanda

Amanda Lagerkvist PhD
Associate Professor