[Air-L] Tool request: sentiment analysis for Cyrillic

Sergei Pashakhin pashakhin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 01:37:13 PDT 2018

Some insights for the Russian language

It seems that the state of the art for Russian is LSTM with word2vec (http://www.dialog-21.ru/media/3380/arkhipenkoetal.pdf). However, from our experience, a dictionary approach with SentiStrength (http://sentistrength.wlv.ac.uk) yield comparable results. Our lab develops a dictionary for texts on social and political topics, and it's available here http://www.linis-crowd.org (in Russian). You can learn more about the dictionary from this paper http://www.dialog-21.ru/media/3400/koltsovaoyuetal.pdf.

Best regards,

Sergei Pashakhin
Laboratory for Internet Studies,
National Research University Higher School of Economics
https://linis.hse.ru/en/ <https://linis.hse.ru/en/>