[Air-L] Call for Creative Works on Media and Communication

Julia H. julia.maria.hildebrand at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 10:18:26 PDT 2018

*MEDIA(S)CENE*

*Call for Creative Works on Media and Communication*

Exhibition opportunity at 2019 Media Ecology Annual Convention

*Deadline for proposals: December 1, 2018*

*We invite proposals for new or existing works for exhibition, screening,
performance, installation, sound art, and other creative formats to be
featured at the Media Ecology Association’s 20th Annual Convention, taking
place in Toronto, June 27-30, 2019.*

Inspired by Marshall McLuhan’s “probes” and his view that art is an
“anti-environment” or counter-environment to media, we welcome proposals
for innovative works that address, expand, or challenge the concepts and
conditions of our contemporary media environments, as explored in the
experimental essay *“Hot and Cool in the Media(S)cene”*:
https://medium.com/mediascene*.*

Selected proposals will be invited for the ”Media(s)cene” art exhibit at
the Media Ecology Association’s 20th Annual Convention in Toronto from June
27-30, 2019. For more information on the international conference and its
theme “*Media Ethics: Human Ecology in a Connected World,*” visit
http://mediaethics.ca.

Proposals should include an abstract (500 words max), technical
requirements for presentation of the work (if applicable), an estimated
budget, a brief biography (200 words), and contact information. Please
submit the material to Julia M. Hildebrand (*julia.m.hildebrand at drexel.edu
<julia.m.hildebrand at drexel.edu>)* and Barry Vacker (*bvacker at temple.edu
<bvacker at temple.edu>)* by December 1, 2018. We look forward to hearing from
you,