[Air-L] feminist & care ethics in internet research?

Leurs, K.H.A. (Koen) K.H.A.Leurs at uu.nl
Wed Apr 3 00:04:40 PDT 2019

Hi Charles and Aline,

Very glad to hear feminist ethics are taken on board in drafting the new IRE document!

Recent work by Elizabeth Losh and Aristea Fotopoulou as well as Roopika Risam can offer inspiration, and kindly see below some articles that may be of interest:

D’Ignazio & Klein - https://bookbook.pubpub.org/data-feminism

Jasmine R. Linabary & Danielle J. Corple (2018) Privacy for whom?: a feminist intervention in online research practice, Information, Communication & Society, DOI: 10.1080/1369118X.2018.1438492

Luka, ME & Milette, M. (2018). (Re)framing Big Data: Activating Situated Knowledges and a Feminist Ethics of Care in Social Media Research.
Social Media + Society, 4(2), 1-10. doi: 10.1177/2056305118768297

Leurs, K. (2017) Feminist data studies. Using digital methods for ethical, reflexive and situated socio-cultural research. Feminist Review, 115(1), Methods themed issue, 130-154. Download link <https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057/s41305-017-0043-1>.

Ross, S. (2018) Toward a feminist modernist digital humanities, Feminist Modernist Studies, 1:3, 211-229,

Best wishes,

Koen.

Koen Leurs, PhD
Assistant professor Gender & Postcolonial Studies | Department of Media and Culture Studies | Utrecht University, the Netherlands | Muntstraat 2a, 3512 EV room 0.05 | T. + 31 30 253 7844| www.koenleurs.net <http://www.koenleurs.net/>