[Air-L] Plato and writing

Janet Sternberg janet.sternberg at nyu.edu
Sat Apr 27 04:17:39 PDT 2019

One more useful discussion of Plato's Phaedrus: chapter 1, "The Judgment
of Thamus" of  Neil Postman's 1992 book Technopoly: The Surrender of
Culture to Technology (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technopoly).
Postman takes into account ideas of McLuhan and Ong, as well as others
like Freud, Innis, and Mumford.

Regards,

Janet Sternberg, PhD
http://about.me/JanetPhD
Media scholar & author of book: Misbehavior in Cyber Places
http://misbehaviorincyberplaces.tumblr.com