[Air-L] Social media data analysis and GDPR

Schaefer, M.T. (Mirko) m.t.schaefer at uu.nl
Thu Feb 21 10:44:20 PST 2019

Hello list,

I am wondering who else on this list does social media data analysis and is concerned about GDPR compliance. Our research group, Utrecht Data School, works with a number of protocols to comply with rules in terms of data management, data processing, cooperation with third parties etc. However, we were pointed to the limits of the exceptions granted for academic, artistic and journalistic use of of data under the GDPR Implementation  Act in the Netherlands. Does anyone here has experience in dealing with GDPR and social media data analysis. We would very much like to start a conversation and develop procedures for doing research and complying with the GDPR.

Looking forward to learn more about this.

Best,

mirko

Mirko Tobias Schäfer | Associate Professor for New Media & Digital Culture |
Project leader at Utrecht Data School|Utrecht University |
Media & Culture Studies | Muntstraat 2a | 3512 EV Utrecht |
T: +31-644620751 | M: m.t.schaefer at uu.nl<mailto:m.t.schaefer at uu.nl> | W: www.mtschaefer.net<http://www.mtschaefer.net>

mtschaefer | front<http://www.mtschaefer.net/>
www.mtschaefer.net
Mirko Tobias Schäfer / Assistant Professor University of Utrecht Department for Media and Culture Studies