[Air-L] Please assist a grad student on using SNA to study pre- and post-disaster social networks?

Yosem Companys ycompanys at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:49:55 PST 2019

Hey All,

I'm writing on behalf of Sweta, who is a graduate student at
Purdue University. Sweta is cc'd on this email.

Sweta would like to do a comparative case study of the structure and
rhetoric of pre- and post-disaster social networks in Nepal and Puerto Rico.

Specifically, Sweta has the following questions:

   1. What is the best method for collecting pre- and post-disaster data on
   social media?
   2. Is it possible to collect data not just on Twitter but also on all
   social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)?
   3. Which social network analysis (SNA) tool has the easiest learning
   curve and is the easiest to use to analyze relational structures on social
   media?

I truly appreciate your help and advice, and I look forward to hearing from
you.

Thanks,
Yosem