[Air-L] CMSTW'2019 - deadline moved to January 22!

Бодрунова Светлана Сергеевна s.bodrunova at spbu.ru
Thu Jan 10 06:08:55 PST 2019

Dear subscribers,

this is to inform you that we have moved the deadline for the 7th
Comparative Media Studies in Today's World conference (CMSTW'2019) to
January 22, 2019.

The conference gathers interdisciplinary research on media and
communication prioritizing comparative, cross-country, and
mixed-method approaches. It has established itself as one of the
leading conferences on media and communication in Europe, with top
world scholars giving keynotes each year. In 2019, the  theme is
'Communities. Audiences. Publics', which is definitely of interest for
the Internet research community.

The conference will take place on April 16-18, 2019 in St.Petersburg,
Russia. Our confirmed academic keynote speakers include Jean Burgess
(Australia), Barbara Pfetsch (Germany) and other scholars doing
research in online media and communication.
Publishing opportunities include:
- ACM proceedings (still tbc, we discuss the eact series inside ACM);
- the best papers selected for special issue of Social Media + Society
(Scopus Q1 2017);
- one best paper suggested for Digital Journalism (Scopus Q1 2017).

The conference has four tracks including Theory, Political&Social,
Media Industry, and Methods, with notable scholars as track chairs.

For submission instructions, please visit cmstw2019.org - submission
via EasyChair is required.

Sorry for cross-posting! :)

--
Svetlana S. Bodrunova, Prof., D.Polit.Sci.
Head, Center for International Media Research

+7 921 933 02 14
spasibo-tebe at yandex.ru