[Air-L] Introducing... Good Data - Institute of Network Cultures Theory on Demand #29 now available & Amsterdam launch tomorrow (24 Jan)

Angela Daly angelacdaly at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 06:21:55 PST 2019

We are delighted to announce the publication of *Good Data*, #29 in the
Institute of Network Cultures Theory on Demand series.

This open access book, edited by Angela Daly, S Kate Devitt and Monique
Mann, contains 20 chapters from an international interdisciplinary group of
authors, starting the conversation on what Good Data is and how we can
progress towards a pragmatic Good Data future.

These 20 chapters paint a more positive picture of what our digital lives
and practices are and could be. We don’t have to accept the Bad Data
dystopia we are currently in, or give up our digital tech entirely and
retreat to Neo-Luddism.

Another digitised world is possible (and necessary), and *Good Data* shows
us a glimpse of what and how it could be.

The book can be found here for free download (in various formats):
http://networkcultures.org/blog/publication/tod-29-good-data/

The Institute of Network Cultures has published a series of blogposts
from *Good
Data *authors summarising their Good Data interventions, which can be found
here: http://networkcultures.org/blog/

*If you happen to be in Amsterdam NL tomorrow (Thursday 24 January), join *Good
Data* editor Monique Mann and a selection of *Good Data
* authors for the official launch party, from 17:00/5pm @ Spui25. *

*We will be organising more launch events in more locations over the coming
months.*