[Air-L] Facebook Data Collection: app review

Alexandre Leroux alleroux at ulb.ac.be
Thu Jan 24 12:03:59 PST 2019

Dear colleges,

I'm looking for feedback from researchers working on Facebook who
tried/passed App Review process. How did it went? Was it successful? Did
you fill it stating your research purpose or a more generic aim?

My feeling is that FB might be hostile to academic research on its
ground but maybe some of you experienced the opposite?

Our current project requires downloading a large amount of post and
comment from Pages and our API access is locked down since last December
and we have yet to submit the review.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

--