[Air-L] Call for Applications – online MA in Strategic Communications at National University (La Jolla, CA)

Federica Fornaciari federicafornaciari at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:22:43 PST 2019

The Department of Arts & Humanities at National University welcomes
applications to its online M.A. program in Strategic Communications. The
next cohort starts in March 2019.

*About the Program:*

Throughout the Master of Arts in Strategic Communications, you will learn
to operate in an increasingly complex and interdependent global environment
and acquire the theoretical and practical foundations for developing
strategic communications programs and campaigns. Each course provides an
essential stepping-stone on the way to planning, executing, and evaluating
effective strategic communications efforts. The degree is very versatile in
order to provide you with the means that you may apply to your chosen
career paths.

As a result, you can develop and strengthen several skills including the
following: persuasion, audience analysis, campaign planning and
development, understanding of uses/features of traditional and new media,
research methods, crisis evaluation and management, ethics/ethical norms
for media industry, decision-making, problem-solving, project planning and
management – as well as interpersonal, intercultural and organizational
skills for the workplace. Finally, in the capstone course, you will put
together a professional portfolio to display and present material developed
throughout your coursework – this is a fundamental tool for students who
are getting ready to apply for jobs or promotions.

*Faculty*

Our interdisciplinary faculty includes communication professionals, as well
as established and emerging researchers who specialize in a variety of
fields such as social and digital media, public relations, marketing,
crisis communication, and more.

*Class format & requirements*

Our classes are intensive 4-weeks long classes, fully online. We offer
weekly online seminars - these are also recorded so students always have
the option to watch them asynchronously. The program include 10 core
courses.

*Career Options*

The Master of Arts in Strategic Communications equips you with the tools
necessary to launch professional communication careers in a variety of
private, public sector, and non-profit organizations. The program provides
you with a great combination of theoretical and practical skills that
enable you to be competitive in the marketplace.

*For more info about the program: *contact Federica Fornaciari, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor and Academic Program Director

ffornaciari at nu.edu

*or visit the program website:*
https://www.nu.edu/OurPrograms/CollegeOfLettersAndSciences/ArtsAndHumanities/Programs/710-507/

*For info about graduate admission/ to apply*
*:https://www.nu.edu/admissions/graduate/
<https://www.nu.edu/admissions/graduate/>*

*About National University*

National University is a San Diego-based nonprofit founded in 1971 by
retired U.S. Navy Lt. Cmdr. David Chigos. As the largest private nonprofit
university in San Diego, our mission is to provide accessible, achievable
higher education to adult learners. A pioneer in the digital space, we’ve
offered online classes for more than 20 years.

For more info about National University:
https://www.nu.edu/ouruniversity/theuniversity/

Thanks,

*Federica Fornaciari**, Ph.D., Assistant** Professor*
*Academic Program Director, MA Strategic Communications *
National University
College of Letters and Sciences
Department of Arts and Humanities
11255 North Torrey Pines Road