[Air-L] Pedagogical activities about the deep web?

Greenhalgh, Spencer spencer.greenhalgh at uky.edu
Thu Jan 24 18:04:23 PST 2019

Hello all,

In one of my classes this semester, I’m spending a day talking about the deep web and would like to give my (undergraduate) students some hands-on experience—something that’s more exciting than explaining how the library’s web page isn’t indexed by Google but that obviously stops short of perusing dark web forums for arms dealers.

Have any of you had any success with pedagogical activities that help students experience and understand the deep web?

Thanks!

Best,

Spencer

------
Spencer Greenhalgh, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Information Science
College of Communication and Information
University of Kentucky

spencergreenhalgh.com
twitter.com/spgreenhalgh