[Air-L] Imagining your audience on social media

Mark Carrigan mark at markcarrigan.net
Sat Mar 16 02:22:32 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

Could anyone recommend literature on how people imagine audiences on social
media? I'm particularly interested in the *ambition *to build an audience:
who they are imagined to be, how it is imagined they can be reached, what
is imagined to flow from winning their attention. I'm finding stuff that
touches on this in the literature on micro-celebrity and influencers but
I've got a bit  preoccupied with how this relates to the practical steps
people take in their day-to-day use of a platform.

Any ideas or leads to follow are very much appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
Mark
____________________________
Sent From My Desktop
www.markcarrigan.net
@mark_carrigan

*Digital Engagement Fellow, The Sociological Review Foundation
<http://www.thesociologicalreview.com/> (@TheSocReview
<http://www.twitter.com/thesocreview/>)*
*Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Cambridge (@CPGJCam
<http://www.twitter.com/cpgjcam/>)*

*Each of my jobs is part-time therefore it will often take more than 24
hours for me to respond to e-mails. I sometimes work unusual hours as my
preferred way of balancing these multiple roles. If this e-mail arrives
outside of office hours, please do not feel obligated to respond until
office hours have resumed. *

*I subscribe to the **Email Charter* <http://www.emailcharter.org/>* and
you should too*