[Air-L] Antw: Re: Open access journals

Noella Edelmann Noella.Edelmann at donau-uni.ac.at
Mon Mar 4 08:06:01 PST 2019

Hello,

I am one of the 2 managing editors of the OA Journal for eDemocracy and
Open Government. Set up in 2009, we publish 2 issues per year, usually
one is issue is a "Special Issue" with a Call for Papers, and a second
issue with what we call "ongoing submissions", i.e. authors can submit
they manuscripts to any of the journal's topics.

The journal aims to bridge innovative, insightful and stimulating
research, testing and findings with practice and the work conducted by
governments, NPOs, NGOs and professionals. JeDEM encourages articles
which come from different disciplines or to adopt an interdisciplinary
approach, including eVoting, ePolitics, eSociety, business IT, applied
computer gaming and simulation, cyberpsychology, usability, decision
sciences, marketing, economics, psychology, sociology, media studies,
communication studies, political science, philosophy, law, policy,
legislation, and ethics.

All the articles are in English.

Please have a look at the journal here: www.jedem.org  or contact me if
you should have any questions.

Kind regards
Noella

Noella Edelmann, PhD
Senior Researcher

Danube University Krems Department for E-Governance and Administration
Center for E-Government
Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30
A-3500 Krems
Austria
Tel. +43 (0)2732 893 2303
www.donau-uni.ac.at/egov

>>> gimena del rio riande <gdelrio.riande at gmail.com> 01.03.2019 21:26

My two cents.
Altogether with colleagues from UNED Spain, CONICET Argentina and UNAM
México we started the Revista de Humanidades Digitales 2 years ago. Th
journal is full Open Access, and though it is a Spanish-speaking
journal,
we also accept articles in English.
The Call for Papers is now open:
http://revistas.uned.es/index.php/RHD/index
Best
Gimena
Dra. Gimena del Rio Riande
orcid.org/0000-0002-8997-5415
Investigadora Adjunta. IIBICRIT, CONICET (Instituto de Investigaciones
Bibliográficas y Crítica Textual) - http://www.iibicrit-conicet.gov.ar/

<http://www.iibicrit-conicet.gov.ar/>
Twitter: @gimenadelr
Asociación Argentina de Humanidades Digitales: http://aahd.net.ar
Coordinadora Humanidades Digitales CAICYT Lab:
https://hdcaicyt.github.io/

Marcelo T. de Alvear 1694 (1060). Buenos Aires - Argentina
(54)-11-4129-1158

[image: Mailtrack]
Remitente
notificado con
Mailtrack
01/03/19
17:25:54

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 5:15 PM Jacob Groshek <jgroshek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Colleagues:
>
> Shameless self promotion, but the Communication Technology Division
of the
> Association for Education and Journalism in Mass Communication
(AEJMC) has
> recently launched the Journal of Communication Technology (see
> http://www.joctec.org/), which is open access and self published at
Boston
> University.  We've published our first issue last year and are
currently
> accepting submissions on an ongoing basis, as well as searching for
> associate editors (see call on the journal homepage).
>
> If anyone has questions, I'm currently the Editor so please feel free
> reach out.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacob
> --
> Dr. Jacob Groshek
> Associate Professor of Emerging Media Studies
> Senior Fellow, Institute for Health System Innovation & Policy
> <http://www.bu.edu/ihsip/>
> Associate Director of the Center for Mobile Communication Studies
> <http://sites.bu.edu/cmcs/>
> Communication Research Center <http://sites.bu.edu/crc/about-crc/>
Fellow

<http://bostoncivic.media/>

http://www.eshcc.eur.nl/english/research/research_centres/erasmus_research_centre_for_media_communication_and_culture/

> Full Member, NeSCoR  <http://nescor.socsci.uva.nl/>| Visiting
Scholar,
> IAST
> <http://www.iast.fr/>
> @jacobgroshek <http:///> | google scholar
> <https://scholar.google.nl/citations?user=G1XXhccAAAAJ&hl=en>
> 857-615-4709
>

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 12:30 PM Zach McDowell <zmcdowell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'll echo that DOAJ is the gold standard. http://doaj.org
> >
> > The thing about DOAJ is that they are incredibly strict. To get
listed
> > there you must pass a variety of tests that guarantee that you are
> > upholding the ethics of Open Access Journals. They had a big purge
> > few years ago and its become quite difficult to get listed there
unless
> you
> > have all your ducks in a row. Its just a directory though, and
honestly
> its
> > updated by the journals themselves so sometimes its a little out of
date
> > (stares in mirror at self, remembering to update DOAJ). So if you
are
> > looking for an argument for why an open access journal "counts" -
I'd
> start
> > with DOAJ.
> >
> > Another good list is Open Humanities Press
> > https://openhumanitiespress.org/
> >
> > Their board is exceptional and they have both journals and open
access
> book
> > projects. Really great project.
> >
> > That being said, the journal I co-founded and co-edit,
*communication +1

https://sites.google.com/site/natpoor/
> > > (In the lower right.)
> > > That page is a bit dusty, though.
> > >
> > > I also have a listing of conferences which iI*ve always rather
liked
> > since
> > > you can sort it by submission date (although these things do
change
> year
> > > year).
> > > https://sites.google.com/site/natpoor/conferences
> > >
> > > -Nat
> > >
> > > -------------------------------
> > > Nathaniel Poor, Ph.D.
> > > http://github.com/natpoor
> > > http://natpoor.blogspot.com/
> > > http://sites.google.com/site/natpoor/
> > > http://www.underwood-institute.org/

> jmittell at middlebury.edu

Journals:
> > > https://doaj.org/

> > > http://mediacommons.org/intransition>, which publishes video
essays
> > > rather than written articles.

> publishing
> > > and reviewing practices, and how they contribute to access &
openness,
> > > rather than profiteering by private companies off of the free
labor of
> > > academics. If you are in the position to do so, consider pledging
not
> > > publish in, edit, and/or review for commercially-owned journals.

Studies