[Air-L] Open access journals

Crystal Abidin crystalabidin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 06:58:25 PST 2019

Hi all,

A request from this junior scholar person who is also partial to OA
publishing but has to repeatedly justify during job hunting why the
journals I have published in are not the (usually paywalled) ones that the
University deems to be top-tier/mainstream/etc hegemonic vocabulary:

If you have a statement of sorts of your publishing ethic/preference, could
you kindly share it? It would be supremely helpful to learn how to convey
this professionally. I imagine something along the lines of "I am partial
to publishing in OA journals as part of my ethic towards public
scholarship... I write in a wide range of publicly accessible media online
to socialize research..."

Thanks in advance!
/C
-----
Dr Crystal Abidin, PhD
wishcrys.com

Lecturer, SCCA, Deakin University
Postdoctoral Fellow, MMTC, Jönköping University
Researcher, Handelsrådet
Adjunct Research Fellow, CCAT, Curtin University

Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia
Pacific Standard Magazine 30 Top Thinkers Under 30

Recent publications:
*Introduction to Microcelebrity Around the Globe
<https://www.academia.edu/37915705/Abidin_Crystal_and_Megan_Lindsay_Brown._2019._Introduction._Pp._1-18_in_Microcelebrity_Around_the_Globe_Approaches_to_cultures_of_internet_fame_edited_by_Crystal_Abidin_and_Megan_Lindsay_Brown._Bingley_UK_Emerald_Publishing>*
*Gay, famous and Working Hard on YouTube
<https://www.academia.edu/37915675/Abidin_Crystal_and_Rob_Cover._2019._Gay_famous_and_Working_Hard_on_YouTube_Influencers_queer_microcelebrity_publics_and_discursive_activism._Pp._217-231_in_Youth_Sexuality_and_Sexual_Citizenship_edited_by_Peter_Aggleton_et_al._London_and_New_York_Routledge>*
*Histories and Cultures of Emoji Vernaculars
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/issue/view/607/showToc>*
*Self-deprecating relatability and collective identities in the
memification of student issues
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1369118X.2018.1437204?scroll=top&needAccess=true>*