[Air-L] History of Computers

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Mon Mar 25 15:07:58 PDT 2019

A couple of things - there are texts also on the various forms of the
abacus - which was the main calculator for maybe a thousand years in a
number of places; that would be useful, since it's essentially a noisy
digital object. Also highly recommend vis-a-vis the Internet, Peter Salus'
Casting the Net: From Arpanet to Internet and beyond... forward by Vincent
Cerf - Addison-Wesley 1995; this contains highly-annotated material on the
technology but also the culture of the early Net; for me, it's been a
primary source -

- Alan