[Air-L] Farmers' use of the internet

Philippa Smith philippa.smith at aut.ac.nz
Mon May 6 14:03:54 PDT 2019

Hi Everyone

This question might be a bit unusual - but the AOIR community is always so accommodating and if you don't ask you might never know.

I'm interested to find out if there are any studies or academic literature about farmers' use of the internet and social media particularly in relation to the management of their farms and the implementation of biodiversity strategies.  In other words, I'm looking to assess farmers' uptake of the internet/social media either for knowledge building or for connecting with others in their community either for support or information gathering.   Any information about digital tools that are being used eg apps, websites would also be of interest to me. Clearly this is only going to apply to farmers who have internet access - particularly when they are located rurally.

Looking forward to your replies!

Kind regards

Philippa

Philippa Smith