[Air-L] Farmers' use of the internet

Nathaniel Poor natpoor at gmail.com
Mon May 6 15:31:52 PDT 2019

Hi Philippa-

I know that historically there was some early literature about farmers and their use of online services (like CompuServe), but as far as I recall it was fairly basic, mostly mentioned market-based items (so, prices of farmed goods), and may not have been overly academic. It may have been more along the lines of, “Hey! Computers! Modems! Look even farmers use it!” (This is also all US-based.)

I stuck this into Google Scholar and got some results: compuserve farmers videotex

The historical angle may not be what you are looking for, but could serve as background lit or maybe you can cite-crawl forward in time.

HTH!

-Nat

Nathaniel Poor, Ph.D.
http://github.com/natpoor