[Air-L] New articles on Automation and Facial Recognition

Alex Gekker gekker.alex at gmail.com
Tue May 7 14:28:05 PDT 2019

Thanks for sharing, Sally! Useful indeed.
Here's another recent similar piece:

The Tenants Fighting Back Against Facial Recognition Technology
https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/05/facial-recognition-tech-surveillance-security-amazon-ring/588436/

best,
Alex.

Alex Gekker, PhD | Lecturer, MA Thesis Coordinator | New Media & Digital
Culture
University of Amsterdam | Turfdraagsterpad 9, BG1 Room 2.19 | 1012 XT
Amsterdam | The Netherlands
https://alexgekker.com || @AlexGekker <https://twitter.com/alexgekker>

I recently published a book chapter comparing Trump’s and Obama’s political
campaigns <http://www.oapen.org/search?identifier=1004135>, an article on Let’s
Play's as resistance
<https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/intellect/jgvw/2018/00000010/00000003/art00003>
and
an op-ed regarding Israeli surveillance culture
<https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-the-israeli-startup-nation-as-surveillance-nation-1.6613293>
.