[Air-L] IRE 3.0 guidelines now available

Charles M. Ess c.m.ess at media.uio.no
Thu Nov 28 01:05:08 PST 2019

(sent on behalf of aline shakti franzke, whose email is not playing
nicely with the list and/or vice-versa)

Dear AoIR-ists,

We are happy to announce that the new guidelines for Internet Research
Ethics (IRE) are now available on the AoIR Ethics page:

<https://aoir.org/reports/ethics3.pdf>

The document serve as a supplement to the IRE guidelines from 2002, 2012
and addresses among other issues the ethics of (big) data research and AI.

We are grateful for the support of the AoIR Exec, the committment of the
Ethics Working Group, and the engagement of numerous AoIRists across the
course of this three year process.  We hope that the document will be
useful.

With best wishes

aline shakti franzke, Charles Ess, Anja Bechmann and Michael Zimmer

--
Professor in Media Studies
Department of Media and Communication

Co-chair, Internet Research Ethics 3.0
<https://aoir.org/reports/ethics3.pdf>

3rd edition of Digital Media Ethics out soon!
<http://politybooks.com/bookdetail/?isbn=9781509533428>

Postboks 1093
Blindern 0317
Oslo, Norway