[Air-L] JOB: Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing (Analytics) at Loyola University Chicago

Jenna Drenten jdrenten at luc.edu
Wed Oct 2 17:15:12 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I am pleased to share a job opening for a tenure-track position at the
Assistant or Associate Professor level in the Department of Marketing in
the Quinlan School of Business at Loyola University Chicago.

For the full job listing and to apply, visit:
http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/12397

*Why AoIR members might be a good fit:*
We are seeking candidates with expertise in marketing analytics, in
particular. Given the AoIR community's interdisciplinary nature, I am
hoping there may be interest from those of you in data science, business
data analytics, information systems, social media analytics, CX/UX, and/or
related fields.

*Why our marketing department is unique:*
Social justice and ethics are at the core of Loyola University Chicago's
mission, which is evident in the business school's vision
<https://www.luc.edu/quinlan/aboutquinlan/missionandvision/> as well. Our
marketing department includes scholars exploring how the marketplace and
consumer culture intersect with topics such as gender-based stereotypes,
racial discrimination, data ethics, social movements, sustainable economic
development, consumer privacy, and technology consumption. Overall, we
focus on promoting consumer well-being, improving market systems, and
educating responsible and ethical future business leaders.

*Why Chicago is a great place for scholars:*
Chicago offers an exceptional urban community of scholars and
practitioners, both on-campus and city-wide. Cutting-edge opportunities
include collaborative research at Loyola's Center for Textual Studies and
Digital Humanities <https://www.luc.edu/ctsdh/> (CTSDH), partnerships with 1871
<https://1871.com/>(a tech incubator in Chicago), and programming
through Chicago
Ideas <https://www.chicagoideas.com/>.

The position start date is August 2020. Application review will begin on
October 10, 2019. I am chairing the search committee and happy to answer
any questions. Please apply or share with others!

Best,

Jenna

--

*Jenna Drenten, PhDAssistant Professor of MarketingQuinlan School of
BusinessLoyola University Chicagojdrenten at luc.edu
<jdrenten at luc.edu>803.212.8402 at jennadrenten
<http://twitter.com/jennadrenten>*

*See recent publications: *
*Sexualized labour in digital culture: Instagram influencers, porn chic and
the monetization of attention*
<https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/gwao.12354>
*Video gaming as a gendered pursuit*
<http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=exOKDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA28&dq=info:bK_itl3OymYJ:scholar.google.com&ots=WiGFpFKa-D&sig=SIoLwSaRtrhXik6ZxUn-UAFrkew>
*The hashtaggable body: Negotiating gender performance in social media*
<http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=exOKDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA101&dq=info:Ejbc3Ir37BMJ:scholar.google.com&ots=WiGFpFKaXJ&sig=9Esw9aHDUa1ZrW_hFEgo96fAfJ0>
*The feminist politics of choice: lipstick as a marketplace icon*
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10253866.2019.1670649>