[Air-L] Seeking potential collaborators: Digital methods to study how the public interacts with research online

Zack Marshall, Dr. zack.marshall at mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 23 16:05:39 PDT 2019

Hello AoIR community,

One of my areas of focus is how members of the public interact and engage with academic research. Sometimes I study people's direct involvement in research projects, but I am turning my attention to how people interact with research findings (and publications) online.

I am particularly interested in what types of digital methods we (could) use to study public interaction with research findings, including sharing or responding to academic research on social media platforms, exchanging news stories that report on research etc.

Is this your area of work? Are you interested in these ideas and looking to collaborate? If so please get in touch.

My apologies if this is already a well-established field of research. I keep trying to find existing literature and potential research collaborators, but I have not got this figured out yet.

Thanks very much,
Zack

Zack Marshall, Assistant Professor, School of Social Work, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
T 514-398-5178
E zack.marshall at mcgill.ca