[Air-L] emotion detection machine?

Jill Walker Rettberg Jill.Walker.Rettberg at uib.no
Thu Sep 5 04:24:32 PDT 2019

Dear Charles,

I'm not an expert, but I think she should be talking with linguists - and I think that what she's looking for is typically called sentiment analysis, not emotion analysis. There are probably tools for social media marketing that might be more readily accessible, but probably less scientifically transparent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentiment_analysis

Jill