[Air-L] emotion detection machine?

Wiebke Reile wreile at hawaii.edu
Thu Sep 5 06:06:29 PDT 2019

Dear Charles,
There are many social listening tools on the corporate level: crimson hexagon and infegy which are media industry research methods for determining sentiment.
What’s most important is making sure that you have a keyword set that is accurately parsing through the social media posts for sentiment. What’s always difficult is having a lexicon for local terms and also have a method for determining ambiguous posts where the person may mean something different then the keyword that is recognized.

Best Wiebke

Wiebke Reile, Ph.D.
University of Hawai'i at Mānoa
Communication and Information Sciences