[Air-L] Help in syllabus about New Media and Collective Intelligence

Valeria Ramírez valeria.ramirezg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 03:02:07 PDT 2019

Dear Mariana,

About the subject of collective intelligence, you might want to have a look
into the case of Wikipedia. Here are some ressources that you can find
helpful.

   - Lih (Andrew), The Wikipedia Revolution. How a Bunch of Nobodies
   Created the World’s Greatest Encyclopedia, London, Aurum, 2009 and Reagle
   (Joseph), Good Faith Collaboration. The Culture of Wikipedia, Cambridge,
   The MIT Press, 2010.
   - A video of Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YhrBL6zHdQ
   - The frequently cited study from the academic journal Nature (2005)
   that compares Wikipedia and Encyclopaedia Britannica, and emphasises that
   the two encyclopedias are equivalent in quality:
   https://www.nature.com/articles/438900a
   - Surowiecki (James), The Wisdom of Crowd. Why the Many are Smarter than
   the Few and How Collective Wisdom Shapes Business, Economies, Societies and
   Nations, New York, Doubleday, 2004, pp. XIII-XIV

*Valeria Ramírez**Strategy consultant*

*SciencPo <http://Sciencespo.fr>University Lecturer - Digital
Culture Chargée d’enseignement - **Université **Paris-Est UPEM
<http://www.u-pem.fr/> *
*PhD Candidate LISIS <http://ifris.org/en/fiche/lisis/>-IFRIS
<http://ifris.org/>*

*Twitter <https://twitter.com/valeria_rg> @valeria_rg - **LinkedIn*
<http://fr.linkedin.com/in/valeriaramirezg/fr>

*Les e-mails que je pourrais envoyer en dehors des heures de travail ne
requièrent pas de réponse immédiate*