[Air-L] General Consensus on the Journal Sustainability

Andrew Klobucar klobucar at njit.edu
Mon Apr 13 07:17:55 PDT 2020

Dear Aoir List,

As many on this list likely know, the journal Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050; CODEN: SUSTDE) is published by MDPI, a company that seems to be at the heart of the ongoing debate over the ethics of publishing with Open Access. My question here is to determine whether some final verdict on whether the journal is considered predatory and thus to be low ranked in social science libraries. It’s editorial board seems strong, and many of the articles I’ve read through are well considered. Others not so. Any opinions, views?

Best,
Andrew Klobucar, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, NJIT,