[Air-L] Seeking support for a project to connect researchers

Ayushi Tandon ayushitandon at iima.ac.in
Mon Apr 20 23:43:19 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I am writing this email seeking support for a project started by a senior
fellow of mine Mohamed El-Moghazi
<https://www.ptc.org/2017/08/ptc-young-scholars-where-are-they-now-dr-mohamed-el-moghazi/>.
He is working towards a project called Global Telecom Policy Research
Network (GTPRN). We met early this year (at PTC 2020 conference) and felt a
need for a network connecting researchers working in the broad space of
telecommunications (sociotechnical systems, ICT4D, social media, media
ethics, policy, IT and people), especially where opportunities could be
shared on a single platform. Prime motivation is that students from Indian
subcontinent and Africa, many times miss out on the latest development in
the field (because of paywall), application for funding, applying for phd/
post doctoral and other research opportunities, entrepreneurship funding,
grants and other opportunities. Taking this agenda forward there is a
registered website https://gtprn.org
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure-web.cisco.com%2F1DgDKOCrsSTkVEEYvYHlY1T8PpVdYJ4VpXEZZ1vJc8RU2hQeLHzRzyVuof7F1bD9NsQ2gub0Xm23o7cCdpTq-29Cep79lHkkhMgYB3khWKDMjYd25BAk8bCZ4PaxjoCNDEddMNHa1xXXlQMiLaz2PryStCi5D-zXFlH8Xwyg3BQjXusb52xKvipl59LoPKdH0XNlQWHJqme8YSjlSWDcVpTG2vyMKSYgz8lNSDL0Z7swkbbY1TUJqa67LMO9nPopCsRyPEb9KtJE_6gM5FBwvjgasnJxaBNM4lA7r9ModcvMM4MIorWjkWChOn_pxwR44E-RjjZpTYTbuekxv2ejd4DdW8okzXdkXWFXE5JoGNXrENGusQb5hOAjJ8-PP30-XjfCiQYWyMSfHaqIzVzwUhViJTMj6sVWCnSb1w67I4O80WrfinGvB4FKTBE6cfO5sH4UOzOpvs-Ls7YZ4PrbP-A%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fgtprn.org&data=02%7C01%7C%7C5ac3ff9612704444121b08d7d6f92675%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637214237890887259&sdata=RT3fB7sA5A77Yv9C8%2B31zbXYI2jyR3TraUXF%2FfMnuog%3D&reserved=0>.
We have drafted the basics of the first newsletter and would be great if we
could make some announcements on your part in the newsletter.

The main objectives of GTPRN are to connect researchers around the world
and to align the goals of telecom policy conferences, centers, educational
departments, scholars and students. It also aims to provide updates on
timely news of importance, job announcements, and most importantly to
exchange briefs about our research activities though the GTPRN website and
newsletter.

We are looking forward to any small piece of opinion or news  to be
included in our 1st newsletter on the 1st of May.

Thanks

--
Ayushi Tandon
PhD Candidate | Information Systems Area