[Air-L] Global Webinar: Contagious Cities: Facing and Understanding the Pandemic

Natalia Grincheva grincheva at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 23:52:21 PDT 2020

Hope everybody is staying safe! The Cultural Research Network invites
everybody to our global webinar that can answer many of your questions on
the pandemic outbreak and its impacts. Please, come along and spread the
word! Everybody is welcome!

*Contagious Cities: Facing and Understanding the Pandemic**.*

Are we ready to face the global challenge of Covid-19 pandemic outbreak? Do
we know how microbes, migration and metropolises cohabitate or relate to
each other? Can we tap into the artistic and cultural creativity to better
understand the global infectious diseases or even investigate how they
travel across urban and human borders?

The webinar will raise and discuss these questions in a live conversation
with artists, curators, researchers and cultural producers of the
Contagious Cities
<https://wellcome.ac.uk/what-we-do/our-work/contagious-cities>. This
international cultural project was developed by Wellcome Trust
<https://wellcome.ac.uk/> in 2018 to mark the centenary of the 1918 flu
pandemic that infected a third of the world’s population and killed 50
million people. The VSG will share important insights from the Contagious
Cities project, that brought together international curators, artists and
scientists through residences across New York, Hong Kong and Geneva to
explore how epidemics spread in urban environments.

The webinar will be available via zoom. To register please visit here:
https://contagious-cities.eventbrite.com

*Date & Time:* April 30, 2020

New York 8:30 AM

London 1:30 PM
Moscow 3:30 PM
Hong Kong 8:30 PM
Sydney 10:30 PM

*Panelists:*

Ken Arnold - Creative Director at Wellcome (London, UK)
Sarah Henry - Chief Curator and Deputy Director at the Museum of the City
of New York (New York, USA)
Ying Kwok  - Curator of Contagious Cities: Far Away, Too Close at Tai Kwun
Contemporary (Hong Kong, China)
Matt Adams - Co-founder of Blast Theory (London, UK)
James Doeser - Freelance cultural researcher (London, UK)

*Moderator:* Natalia Grincheva