[Air-L] Privacy book launch Thursday ... love to 'see' you there

Sacha Molitorisz Sacha.Molitorisz at uts.edu.au
Mon Apr 27 06:16:08 PDT 2020

Dear good persons of the AoIR,

Apologies for the shameless self-promotion, but I’ve written a book that may be of interest. It’s called Net Privacy, How we can be free in an age of surveillance, and works from Kantian ethics to relational privacy before prescribing a series of legal and extra-legal solutions that can (I hope) be applied globally. Charles Ess is very kind when he says:

… a comprehensive analysis that offers much needed hope for preserving and
enhancing privacy, and with it, human dignity and democracy that are
otherwise profoundly threatened on numerous fronts, beginning with
surveillance capitalism and the Chinese Social Credit System.

On the off chance you weren’t scared off by “Kantian”, here are three links, one to an excerpt, and two to the publishers’ pages.

https://www.crikey.com.au/2020/04/24/weekend-read-net-privacy-surveillance/

https://www.newsouthbooks.com.au/books/net-privacy/

https://www.mqup.ca/net-privacy-products-9780228002116.php

Above all, I’d love to “see” you at the zoom launch this Thursday (April 30) at 5.30pm, Australian Eastern time:

https://events.humanitix.com/virtual-book-launch-net-privacy-how-can-we-be-free-in-an-age-of-surveillance

Also, if you’d like a review copy, let me know, and I’ll see if I can’t shake one out of the publisher’s grasping clutches.

Be well!

Cheers

Sacha

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects. Think. Green. Do. Please consider the environment before printing this email.