[Air-L] Free research software for media diaries and media repertoire sorting

ZeMKI news at zemki.de
Mon Apr 27 06:24:58 PDT 2020

Dear All,

In these times of COVID-19 and social distancing, researching media use, media repertories and data practices is not an easy task. The same applies to the teaching of empirical methods in this area.

Against this background, we would like to bring to your attention the free media diary (MeTag) and sorting software (MeSort) that we developed as part of a research project some time ago. Using it for scientific research and teaching is totally free of charge.

MeTag allows you to set up research projects via our backend system MeTag Analyze, a browser application, and collect media diaries via a smartphone app on your participants’ phones.

MeSort is a web app for sorting tasks with interviewees so that you are able to collect information about the media and other devices they use.

Both applications are open source and free to use right now. You can find more information on our website www.mesoftware.org <http://www.mesoftware.org/> including detailed documentation and our contact details.

Feel free to have a look, use the software and tell us what you think.

Best wishes,

Andreas Hepp, Alessandro Belli, Uwe Hasebrink, Florian Hohmann, Wiebke Loosen