[Air-L] New book: "The Normative Order of the Internet"

Matthias C. Kettemann matthias.kettemann at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 06:21:20 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

perhaps of interest to some members of the list: my new book, fully OA and
downloadable as pdf from the publisher's site (though you might want to buy
it for your institutional library to support OA publications):

Kettemann, The Normative Order of the Internet. A Theory of Rule and
Regulation Online
<https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-normative-order-of-the-internet-9780198865995?q=Kettemann&lang=en&cc=gb#>
(Oxford:
Oxford University Press, 2020)

TL; DR - Kettemann, The Normative Order of the Internet
<http://publikationen.ub.uni-frankfurt.de/files/53306/Matthias-Kettemann_The_Normative_Order_of_the_Internet.pdf>,
University of Frankfurt, Cluster of Excellence Normative Orders, Normative
Orders Working Paper 01/2020

TL; DR *2: there is order online, you just need to find it. Start with the
narratives and be flexible in what you consider 'norms'.

Kind regards

Matthias

PS: If you are interested in reviewing my book I'd be happy to arrange for
a review copy to be sent your way.

--

PD Mag. Dr. Matthias C. Kettemann, LL.M. (Harvard)

Leibniz Institute for Media Research | Hans-Bredow-Institut (HBI)
Head of Research
<https://hans-bredow-institut.de/de/mitarbeiter/matthias-c-kettemann> |
Research Program *Regulatory *
*Structures and the Emergence of Rules in Online Spaces*Rothenbaumchaussee
36 | 20148 Hamburg | Germany

*Vertretungsprofessor*/Visiting Professor for International Law •
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität
Jena
<https://www.rewi.uni-jena.de/fakult%C3%A4t/lehrst%C3%BChle+und+dozenten/%C3%B6ffentlichrechtliche+lehrst%C3%BChle/lehrstuhlvertretung+international+law+pd+dr_+kettemann/lehrstuhlvertreter>
 • Associated Researcher and Project Lead, International Law of the Internet
<https://www.hiig.de/project/volkerrecht-des-netzes/>, Alexander von
Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG
<https://www.hiig.de/matthias-kettemann/>), Berlin • Research Group
Leader „Platform
and Content Governance", Sustainable Computing Lab
<https://www.sustainablecomputing.eu/blog/research-groups/platform-and-content-governance/>,
Vienna University of Economics and Business •

--

*New books: Kettemann, The Normative Order of the Internet. A Theory of
Rule and Regulation Online
<https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-normative-order-of-the-internet-9780198865995?q=Kettemann&lang=en&cc=gb#>
(Oxford:
Oxford University Press, 2020) • Kettemann (ed.), Navigating Normative
Orders. Interdisciplinary Perspectives
<https://www.campus.de/buecher-campus-verlag/wissenschaft/philosophie/navigating_normative_orders-16234.html>
(Frankfurt/Main:
Campus, 2020)*

*Recent publications:* Kettemann/Schulz, Setting Rules for 2.7 Billion.
<https://leibniz-hbi.de/uploads/media/Publikationen/cms/media/5pz9hwo_AP_WiP001InsideFacebook.pdf>
(First) Look into Facebook’s Norm-Making System (2020) • Kettemann, The
Normative Order of the Internet
<http://publikationen.ub.uni-frankfurt.de/files/53306/Matthias-Kettemann_The_Normative_Order_of_the_Internet.pdf>
, Normative Orders Working Paper 01/2020 • Kettemann/Kleinwächter/Senges, Let’s
build a better Internet
<https://www.hiig.de/digitale-dekade-die-zukunft-des-internets-steht-auf-dem-spiel>.
An Internet powered by the people and for the people (January 2020)

<https://www.intgovforum-deutschland.org/uploads/2/6/8/1/26813832/igf-d_balanced_briefing_netzdg_%5Bd%5D.pdf>