[Air-L] RSSS Data Sprint (Incivility on Social Media) - 18-21 Feb

Robert Ackland robert.ackland at anu.edu.au
Wed Jan 29 17:50:20 PST 2020

Dear List,

The 2020 ANU RSSS Data Sprint will be held 18-21 February, with the topic "Incivility on Social Media".  We will focus on approaches for conceptualising incivility in online discussions (relating to, for example, politics), and the use of computational data and methods to analyse its existence and impact.

Data Sprints are inspired by hackathons organised by the open source community, and are workshops in which participants from diverse backgrounds meet physically and collaborate intensively on a pre-determined subject and dataset.

The Data Sprint has the following format:

- Tuesday 18th & Wednesday 19th: Master classes on the collection and analysis of social network and text data from social media (with primary focus on the R statistical software)

- Thursday 20th and Friday 21st: Data Sprint

We are inviting participation from PhD students and ECRs.  It is possible to attend the master classes and/or data sprint.

If you are interested in participating, please contact me (details below) and indicate whether you are interested in the master classes (18-19 Feb) and/or data sprint (20-21 Feb).

--

Robert Ackland | Professor of Computational Social Science
School of Sociology & VOSON Lab

e-mail: robert.ackland at anu.edu.au<mailto:robert.ackland at anu.edu.au>
homepage: https://researchers.anu.edu.au/researchers/ackland-rj
project: http://vosonlab.net