[Air-L] Seeking literature on Internet access in prisons and detention facilities

Muira McCammon muira.n.mccammon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 19:20:12 PDT 2020

Hi, all,

I wanted to reach out to this listserv to connect with folks, who have
published on the topic of Internet access (or lack thereof) in prisons as
well as the communication practices and/or digital rights of detained and
incarcerated populations. I've tried to keep up with scholarship/literature
on this topic over the years, but I'm sure I've missed a keyword or
database. If you've published on this topic, I'd love to hear from you and
if the stars align, cite you. I'm particularly interested in what happens
when the "Internet as a human right" discourses collide with carceral
logics.

I do apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere/previously in the
archive.

Thank you,

Muira

--
*Muira McCammon*
*Ph.D. candidate, Annenberg School for Communication, University of

Forthcoming in *New Media & Society*: "Tweeted, Deleted: An Exploratory
Study of the U.S. Government’s Digital Memory Holes"