[Air-L] Seeking literature on Internet access in prisons and detention facilities

tiziano bonini tiziano.bonini at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 00:32:23 PDT 2020

Dear Muira,
some years ago, during my Phd, I did a research on media consumption
practices of inmates in an Italian prison. I co-authored this paper: Bonini,
T., & Perrotta, M. (2007). On and off the air: radio-listening experiences
in the San Vittore prison. *Media, Culture & Society*, *29*(2), 179-193.
You might also be interested in this New Yorker piece:
https://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/the-ipod-of-prison
Hope this helps, even if it's not focused on Internet access in Prisons
Best
Tiziano